WHERE TO GO
Your Privacy: Grounds for Data Collection
Processing of your personal information is necessary. This is for the performance of our contractual obligations and to protect our legitimate interests. In addition, it ensures compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What We Collect
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is unidentified and non-identifiable information about a User(s). This may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected.
Non-personal Information that is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device. This includes certain software and hardware information to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information. Namely, this is information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers, and other detail.
- Registration information: When you register to our Site you will be asked to provide us certain details such as full name; e-mail or physical address, and other information.
How We Receive Information About You
We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide us with your personal details to register on our Site;
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services;
- From third-party providers, services, and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you. Sending notices, providing technical information, and responding to customer service issues.
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site.
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subcontractors.
We may share Personal Information with our trusted third-party providers for any of the following purposes:
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalized display of our Site.
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf.
- Serving you with advertisements and assisting us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and helping us retarget any of our users.
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services.
- Performing research, technical diagnostics, or analytics.
We may also disclose the information if we believe disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to:
Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. To enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof. For investigating, detecting, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing. To establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims. For the prevention of harm to the rights, property, or safety of us or any third party. Or, for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies. And, in case we find it necessary to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation regarding whether or not personal information concerning you is processing. Also, access to your stored personal information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used, format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request the erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights or receive more information, please contact us at:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services. Or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our policies. Determining retention periods will be taking into account the type of information that we are collecting. And for the purpose for which we are collecting, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation. We will destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data. Also, account opening documents, communications, and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful, and we may be using them for various purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently or enabling the automatic activation of certain features. They also aid in remembering your preferences. Finally, they help in making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies which are being stored only temporarily during a browsing session for allowing normal use of the system. We are deleting from your device when the browser is closing.
- Persistent cookies which only the Site is reading, are saved on your computer for a certain period. They are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits.
- Third-party cookies which are set by other online services that run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third-party analytics companies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you. But the Personal Information we store about you may be linking to the information from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences. However, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly. Your online experience may be limiting.
We also use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about your use of the Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users access the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, etc. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve our Site and services.
Third-Party Collection of Information
Our policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent, you disclose your information.
How We Safeguard Your Information
Transfer of Data Outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases, we will transfer your data only to such countries approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the Site. This technology uses your information about your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org and http://optout.aboutads.info
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors to provide you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy, we provide you with such marketing materials as means to decline to receive further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
Privacy: Updates or Amendments to this Policy
How to Contact Us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information, we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at www.lagunascoffee.com/contact.